Stimulate Blood Cell Growth and Development)
For Red Blood Cells
- Hematinics. Iron, folic acid, and vitamin B12 are essential nutrients for red blood
- Recombinant Erythropoietin (r-Hu-EPO). r-Hu-EPO is
a biosynthetic form of a natural human hormone responsible for stimulation
of red blood cell production.
For White Blood Cells
- Recombinant Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor
(r-Hu-G-CSF). This medication is a biosynthetic form of a natural human
hormone that stimulates production of neutrophils (a specific type of
infection-fighting white blood cell) in the bone marrow. It is manufactured using recombinant DNA
technology, and has the same biological effects as endogenous human
granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.
- Recombinant Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
(r-Hu-GM-CSF). This is a biotechnologically produced form of a naturally
occurring human hematopoietic agent.
It stimulates production of a variety of infection-fighting white
blood cells (neutrophils/granulocytes and monocytes/macrophages).
- Recombinant Interleukin-11 (r-Hu-IL-11). Interleukin-11
is a genetically produced form of a naturally occurring human hormone that
stimulates the body’s platelet production.
- Recombinant Thrombopoietin (r-Hu-TPO), Megakaryocyte Growth and
Development Factor (r-Hu-MGDF). These drugs stimulate platelet production. They are synthetic versions of a
natural human hormones produced by recombinant DNA technology. The effect of r-Hu-TPO on platelet
production is analogous to erythropoietin (r-Hu-EPO) in stimulating red
blood cell production.